Business Development & Events Manager
Plan & Execute Profitable Events.
SETHLUI.com is Singapore’s largest read online food publication, with over 3 million page views monthly. We’re looking for a committed Business Development and Events Manager who can strategize and organize great events.
We’re looking for an excellent, results-driven business development manager with relevant events experience that can develop our business further.
What does a Business Development and Events Manager need to do?
The role will report to the Managing Director. The successful candidate will be responsible for seeking out and developing new events to drive profits, work with merchants and attract sponsorships.
The ideal candidate should be commercially astute and have excellent communication skills, with a proven record in generating significant revenues from events. SETHLUI.com (Delicious Consulting Pte Ltd) is a young, dynamic and fast-moving company; the ideal fit would be a candidate who is ambitious and keen to have genuine influence – helping to shape the growth of the business’s future.
- Strategize, develop and execute bespoke events for the company regularly
- Generate event partnership leads and keeping in regular contact with prospects
- Ability to manage all key stakeholders
- Understand and keep up-to-date with constant developments in the market
- Identify areas for expansion and growth
- Develop targeted short-term and long-term new business strategies for events
- Create weekly/monthly forecasts on revenue/target management and end of month reports on revenue and market performance
- Deliver against these targets to ensure revenue expectations and profits are met
- Provide inputs for sales and marketing collaterals – how the business positions itself for various audiences
- Maximize networking opportunities and regularly using events and trade shows to increase awareness and develop a further network of contacts
Key Skills /Requirements:
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience within Business Development, Events Management, Sales or Account Management role (face-to-face experience imperative; experience within publishing preferred)
- A recognized Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent time management, an individual who thrives on working autonomously and responsible for the department’s profits & losses
- Experience working in a marketing/publishing/media environment and understanding of (and passion for) the industry.
- The ideal candidate needs to be determined, outgoing, positive, articulate and diplomatic
- You will also need to be intrinsically motivated, performance-driven and results-oriented