We’re looking for an experienced, multi-talented video creative to produce content for our publication with the ability to go viral! If you are up to the challenge, have what it takes to produce and edit online food-based videos that can tell a compelling story, we want YOU.
Being in a small production team, you’ll need to multi-task on producing and editing videos for both organic and client-based work.
What does a Video Creative need to do?
- Produce media content focusing on generating video views for our channels
- Read, research and assess ideas and finished scripts
- Plan and conduct talent interviews that evoke emotions
- Control the budget and allocating resources
- Organise personal shooting schedules
- Take ownership of the progress of each video project from pre-production to post-production
- Write social media captions for videos
- Operate and maintain proper levels and calibration of cameras, audio and video recorders, and other production equipment
- Assembling, preparing and setting up equipment prior to filming, which may include tripods, monitors, lighting, cables and leads, and headphones
- Adept in post-production i.e. assembling all raw footage, digitally cutting the files to put together the sequence of the film and deciding what is usable; creating a ‘rough cut’ (or assembly edit) and determining the exact cutting for the next and final stages; reordering and tweaking the content to ensure the logical sequencing and creative angle of the video; subtitles and captions.
Key Skills & Requirements
- At least 1 year of relevant experience in the media industry and video production
- You’re a foodie – Good knowledge and exposure to food. If you cook often that helps too.
- Good eye for editing videos into interesting, engaging content hosted on social media
- Able to produce and edit content at a fast pace for online social media
- Adapt in sourcing for worthy stories / angles
- Creative in proposing and experimenting with new video concepts
- Can manage time and concurrent projects well.
- Positive attitude, self-motivated, and independent
- Knowledge of camera technical skills
- Knowledge in post-production using Adobe Premier Pro
- Knowledge in colour correction and grading
- Experience with using mechanical gimbal and drones