You’ve just ushered in 2023 and Chinese New Year is already here. With the 2 celebrations so close together this year, it makes sense to start your CNY shopping soon. Want to save time? Get everything you need under one roof with Cold Storage and CS Fresh CNY 2023 festive offers.
It’s not just about the convenience of shopping for everything CNY in one place. Most shoppers buy regularly from Cold Storage because of the assurance of quality at a reasonable price.
With CNY fast approaching, you can look out for more great quality products at great prices on promotion every Thursday, which includes (and not limited to) fresh ingredients, abalones, mandarin oranges and more! And here’s 8 categories of Chinese New Year products you simply can’t miss.
1. Fresh & Canned Abalones
Because of its association with wealth and prosperity, abalone is one of the most popular foods during the Lunar New Year. You will definitely need to add this to the dining table, and Cold Storage has you covered.
Some of their abalone offers include:
- New Moon Australia Abalone 425g (S$55.80)
- Skylight New Zealand Abalone 425g (S$46.35)
- On Kee Braised Abalone in Oyster Sauce 430g, 6pcs (S$38)
2. Fresh Quality Meat
Chinese New Year is one of the best times of the year to get amazing offers on your favourite cuts of farm-fresh meat. Fill up those plates with huge, juicy cuts of prime protein imported directly from around the world for that exquisite, tender bite.
With such premium meat gracing your table, they are the ideal candidate to be the centrepiece of your CNY feast.
Some of the crowd-favourite meat selections include:
- Australian Angus Grass-Fed Beef Rib-eye Steak/ Bulk (Offer: S$5.70/100g, UP: S$8.10/100g) – available till 11 Jan
- Australian Pork Belly (Offer: S$2.10/100g, UP: S$2.70/100g) – available till 11 Jan
3. Ocean-Fresh Seafood
Variety is the spice of life and good seafood can elevate a boring spread and turn it into a memorable one.
Cold Storage CNY offers let you save big on your celebratory shared meals. Here are some of the best deals you can take advantage of:
- Extra Jumbo Australian King Prawns (Offer: S$4.88/100g, UP: S$6.05/100g) – available till 11 Jan
- Frozen Thawed Lobster Tails (Offer: 3 for S$27, UP: 3 for S$71.70) – available till 11 Jan
- Sand Sea Cucumbers 100g (Offer: S$4.89/100g, UP: S$5.55/100g) – available till 11 Jan
With such a wide range of seafood specialties, you can unleash your culinary creativity and treat your guests to dishes as beautiful as they are delicious.
4. Mandarin Oranges
Virtually synonymous with the Lunar New Year, mandarin oranges are also one of the most loved fruits of the season. If you want to buy them to eat yourself or to share with family and friends in your homes, Cold Storage has them by the carton load.
Cold Storage CNY mandarin oranges also come in gift boxes and gift packs if you want to give them as presents.
- Ponkan Taiwan Gift Box 16 Pieces Per Box (Offer: S$37.90, UP: S$42.80) – available till 11 Jan
- Yong Chun Lukan Gift Pack 18 Pieces Per Pack (Offer: S$10.80, UP: S$13.80) – available till 11 Jan
5. Steamboat must-haves
Steamboat is one of the most popular dining options during Chinese New Year.
So much of the magic of sharing a meal this way is its communal, interactive nature, perfect for a festive celebration.
Cold Storage makes it easy for you to plan and cook your Chinese New Year steamboat extravaganza. Here’s some must get items that’s available till 11 Jan!
- Beef Ribeye Shabu Shabu 200g (Offer: Buy 1 Get 1 Free, UP: S$9 each)
- Yu Pin King Ring Roll 120g (Offer: 3 for S$8.95, UP: 3 for S$10.50)
- Meadows Hokkaido Scallops (10-20) 700g (Offer: Buy 1 Get 1 Free, UP: S$39.90 each)
- Premium Mizkan Soup Base and sauces (Offer: S$5.60, UP: S$7)
- Wide range of vegetables for soup base, including white radish, lotus root, arrowroot, huai shan!
6. Festive drinks
Whether you want beer and wine for the merrymakers or non-alcoholic beverages for everyone else, it’s hard to beat these CNY offers. There are celebratory discounts and offers on virtually the entire range of beverages at Cold Storage!
- Beer selection from your classic Tiger beer to Craft Beers and more! If you’re a fan of Corona beers, you’re in luck because it is on promotion at S$18.50 (UP: S$26), ending on 11 Jan.
- Wines from Australia & France, including Wolf Blass, PepperJack, Penfolds and Little Ripples; a special call out to Brin De Brilette Wine 75cl at 2 for S$61 (UP: S$125.70) from now till 11 Jan.
7. Hearty goodies
It just wouldn’t be Chinese New Year without the traditional CNY sweet treats we know from our childhood. Here’s your chance to introduce these delicious delights to the memories of another generation of kids. Just make sure that the parents don’t gobble them all up first!
From classic love letters to egg rolls and fish crackers, Cold Storage has it all, including:
- Yu Pin King Yam Cookies (Promo: S$5.35, UP: S$5.95) – available till 11 Jan
- Mac Taste Kueh Kapet, Peanut Butter / Chocolate 240g (Promo: S$10.95, UP: S$12.80) – available till 11 Jan
- Li’s Nonya Cake Bahulu 400g (Promo: S$10.40, UP: S$10.90) – available till 11 Jan
- Meadows Prawn Rolls 100g (S$1.80)
8. Ready-to-eat Yu Sheng & Roasts
When you are so busy with shopping, cleaning and decorating, do you really have the opportunity to cook? If you are struggling to find the time, Cold Storage CNY ready-to-eat roasts are the perfect solution! They even deliver straight to your home for even more convenience.
Amongst a host of other delicious options, you can choose between:
- Roasted Chicken – choose between black pepper and honey glazed (S$6.90)
- Fresh Prosperity Yusheng Platter (Lo Hei) (UP: S$38.80) is available at the sushi counter
- BBQ Crispy Pork Belly (Promo: S$9.90, UP: S$11.90)
* Please take note that these treats are available in-store only.
Looking for a hassle-free way to celebrate the Year of the Rabbit? Bring home signature Hong Kong roasts in collaboration with Crystal Jade, available till 18 Jan. This offer is only available at selected CS Fresh stores— Bugis Junction, Paragon, Parkway Parade, Raffles City, Tanglin Mall and The Star Vista.
These CNY offers aren’t all you can look forward to at Cold Storage and CS Fresh. All your purchases are eligible to earn yuu points. You can collect points from both in-store and online purchases from Cold Storage.
There are even more CNY savings to enjoy if you are a UOB card holder. Spend a minimum of S$80 to get an instant S$10 cash voucher. Spend S$100 or more and receive a S$15 cash voucher. These vouchers may be redeemed on Canned Abalone, Abalone Treasure Pot (Pen Cai) or Abalone Gift Sets and promotion runs until 21 Jan 2023, while stocks last.
If you are going to give money away, why not do it in style? This limited edition 5-piece ang pow pack is FREE with purchases of S$60 or more through a UOB Card. Terms and conditions apply.
All these offers and we haven’t even scratched the surface of the amazing range at Cold Storage. You should hop in, quick as a rabbit, to your nearest store soon— all the items with the steepest Cold Storage and CS Fresh CNY discounts sell out quickly.
With the convenience of Cold Storage online shopping available 24/7, there is no excuse to miss out on the huge savings or the wonderful food and drink. Plus, you get to beat the crowds and get everything delivered to you at a time that’s most convenient.
Now, that’s the perfect start to the new year!
*This post was brought to you in partnership with Cold Storage.
Other articles you might like:
Chinese New Year 2023: Toss to a prosperous 2023 with the 10 best yu sheng in Singapore
Chinese New Year 2023: Top 10 delectable festive snacks you must try in Singapore