It’s an indisputable honour for any F&B business to be recognised and awarded by MICHELIN, and good news for foodies too, because for the 2021 edition of the Michelin Guide Singapore, there are 12 new entries on the Bib Gourmand selection, bringing the total up to a whopping 69 venues. These eateries span a mix of restaurants, street food establishments, and even hawker stalls, which offer diners the best bang for their buck with high-quality menu items priced at a maximum of S$45.
Out of these 12 new entrants to the Bib Gourmand selection, three are restaurants, and nine are hawker stalls.
1. Da Shi Jia Big Prawn Mee (Killiney)
It serves well-loved local dishes of prawn noodle soups, and fried prawn bee hoon with customisable varieties of noodles and sizes from regular to XXL.
2. Kotuwa (Jalan Besar)
The establishment is named after Sri Lanka’s capital central business district and offers diners seafood-focused dishes by a chef-owner of Sri Lankan heritage.
3. The Coconut Club (Ann Siang)
They boast coconut-centric dishes such as nasi lemak with coconuts imported from Malaysia for that extra flavour and authenticity.
The nine hawker establishments on the Bib Gourmand selection boast a plethora of local foods that every Singaporean knows and loves, such as bak kut teh, laksa, shui kueh, and sliced fish soup. They are:
1. Fei Fei Roasted Noodle (Yuhua Village Market and Food Centre)
2. Heng Heng Cooked Food (Yuhua Village Market and Food Centre)
3. Lai Heng Handmade Teochew Kueh (Yuhua Market & Hawker Centre)
4. Jian Bo Tiong Bahru Shui Kueh (Jurong West 505 Market & Food Centre)
5. Soh Kee Cooked Food (Jurong West 505 Market & Food Centre)
6. Hainan Zi (Chong Pang Market and Food Centre)
7. Joo Siah Bak Koot Teh (Kai Xiang Food Centre)
8. Jun Yuan House Of Fish (Old Airport Road Food Centre)
9. Kwang Kee Teochew Fish Porridge (Newton Food Centre)
These Bib Gourmand-awarded hawker establishments are deemed as a source of strength and heritage as part of Singapore’s culture which are now inscribed on UNESCO’s Intangible Culture List.
Celebrating its fifth anniversary this year, the full selection of MICHELIN Guide Singapore 2021 will be announced at 3pm on 1 September 2021. A selection of these eateries are available for delivery on GrabFood, one of MICHELIN Guide Singapore’s partners.
Other articles you might like: